Cariboo Chilcotin Regional Network
Community Access Program (CAP) Sites
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Users are responsible for their Internet account and for any use made of that account. The Community Access Program (CAP) and/or the access provider reserve the right to remove any user's account if the user contravenes the "appropriate use" rules stated as follows:
1. Users are responsible for the integrity of content for messages sent from their account, whether sent as mail or as electronic postings, and must therefore meet standards as if they were tangible documents.
2. Users shall not use their account to create or distribute any images, sounds, messages or other material which are obscene, harassing, racist, malicious, fraudulent or libellous, nor use the account for any activity that may be considered unethical, immoral, or illegal.
3. Users shall not intentionally seek information about, browse, obtain copies of or modify files, passwords, or tapes belonging to other people, no matter where they are located, unless specifically authorized to do so by those individuals.
4. Users shall not attempt to decrypt any encrypted material unless authorized to do so.
5. Users shall respect intellectual and property rights and laws, including those for local and remote network data or information. This includes private, confidential or restricted data, as well as copyrights and licenses to the use of, or access to, information or programs. The user is responsible for assessing whether or not a program(s) / data has copyright on it.
6. The user is responsible for creating their own back-up copy of any important or critical information that they may have stored on their system.